Andrea's Utah Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge

My sister is doing this cool thing on her Facebook page. On each of the 30 days there's a theme, and you pick a song accordingly. I'm doing it for Emily (she's 18 months old) and me, so I'm going to update this post everyday to include our picks.



Day 1: A favorite song. Emily: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Me: Sweet Emotion, Aerosmith.



Day 2: A least favorite song. Emily: Rock a Bye Baby. Me: My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion.



Day 3: A feel good song. Emily: Yummy Yummy Yummy I've Got Love in my Tummy, Ohio Express. Me: Always on my Mind, Pet Shop Boys.



Day 4: Song that makes me sad/emotional. Emily: I'm Gettin' Nuthin' for Christmas. Me: Father & Daughter, Paul Simon.



Day 5: Song that reminds you of someone. Emily: Elmo's Song (Elmo). Me: Our House, CSNY (Kent).



Day 6: Song that reminds you of a place. Emily: Baby Signing Time (Baby Signing Time class). Me: Last Dance with Mary Jane, Tom Petty (Spanish Fork Canyon).



Day 7: Song that reminds you of an event. Emily: Happy Birthday (Daddy's birthday last month). Me: Here Comes the Sun, Tom Petty (our wedding).



Day 8: Song you know all the words to. Emily: the ABC song. Me: Somewhere over the Rainbow.



Day 9: Song you can dance to. Emily & me: The Hamster Dance.



Day 10: Song that makes you fall asleep. Emily & me: Lullaby, Dixie Chicks.



Day 11: A song from your favorite band. Emily: Sing a Song, the cast of Sesame Street. Me: Fool in the Rain, Led Zeppelin.



Day 12: Song from a band you hate. Emily: Nap Song, Ricky Gervais. Me: Because you Loved me, Celine Dion.



Day 13: A song that is a guilty pleasure. Emily: Down, Jay Sean and Lil Wayne. Me: Sexy Back, Justin Timberlake.



Day 14: A song that people would be surprised you like. Emily: Free Falling by Tom Petty. Me: Smack My Bitch Up by Prodigy.



Day 15: A song that describes you. Emily: Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder. Me: Video by India.Arie.



Day 16: A song you used to love, but now you hate. Emily: honestly couldn't think of anything. Me: With or Without You by U2.



Day 17: A song you hear a lot on the radio. Emily & me: Piano Man by Billy Joel.



Day 18: A song that you wish you heard on the radio. Emily: Old MacDonald Had a Farm. Me: Whatever It Takes by Michael Buble.






Day 19: A song from your favorite album. Emily: Doesn't have any albums. Me: In the Evening from In Through the Out Door by Led Zeppelin.





Day 20: A song you listen to when you're angry. Emily: Whatever Momma and Daddy start singing to try to calm her down. Me: When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin.



Day 21: A song you listen to when you're happy. Emily: It's a song she made up "I do I do I do. I you I you I you." Me: Let My Love Open the Door by Pete Townshend.



Day 22: A song you listen to when you're sad. Emily: Whatever Momma and Daddy start singing to try to comfort her. Me: Let My Love Open the Door performed by Steve Carrell and Dane Cook in the film Dan in Real Life.


Day 23: A song you want to play at your wedding. Emily: She won't get married for at least 20 or 30 years, so the song may not be written yet. Me: L.O.V.E. by Nat King Cole (I did play this at my wedding).


Day 24: A song you want to play at your funeral. Emily and me: Kind and Generous by Natalie Merchant.


Day 25: A song that makes you laugh. Emily: The Pets I Love from the Baby Signing Time videos. Me: You're a Mean One Mister Grinch.



Day 26: A song you can play on an instrument. Emily: Only bangs things on other things, but hasn't played a tune. Me: Many years ago I was able to play the main tune of Love Comes Walking In by Van Halen on the piano.

Day 27: A song you wish you could play on an instrument. Emily: Mary Had a Little Lamb (she sings it often). Me: Teach Your Children Well by CSN&Y.


Day 28: A song that makes you feel guilty. Emily: She's too young to understand the concept of guilt. Me: Don't Speak by No Doubt.


Day 29: A song from your childhood. Emily: Itsy Bitsy Spider (although to be fair, every song right now is from her childhood). Me: Puff the Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul, and Mary.


Day 30: Your favorite song at this time last year. Emily: Same as the answer to #1 above, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - her favorite last year and still her favorite now. Me: Same as the answer to #10 above, Lullaby by the Dixie Chicks. I have sung it to Emily as part of our bedtime routine almost since she was born.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thauna said...

I'm so glad you hate Celine Dion too...great list.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home