Andrea's Utah Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sprinkles & Snapshots - Your Choice


This post is inspired by my boss, Tom Loveridge. Earlier this week we were chatting and he said something profound and philosophical. He didn't intend it that way, and not until I pointed it out to him later did he even recognize the weight of his statement. And even then he didn't take credit, but was simply flattered that I'd perceived him this way. He said (to the best of my recollection) "I love my kids, I love my wife, I love to fly my radio controlled airplanes, I love to practice magic. If nothing changes for years and years, and then I die..." and then he gave the two thumbs up sign. Happiness. Simplicity. Contentment. The man is only in his mid-life and he's already figured it out. He's not commiserating about what he doesn't have or hasn't done, he's not constantly striving for more power, more money, more popularity, more, more, more. He's just happy with his life. If only more people could think like Tom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thauna said...

Tom is such an awesome guy...I can just see that him saying and doing that. He really does seem like a content and happy person. Someone that you always feel good after having a conversation with.

And I love that book selection..I think I may need a couple of those.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home