Andrea's Utah Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Visualization and Goals




My post today is inspired by my sister's post on her blog yesterday. She wrote about visualization and using a journal. I loved the post and want to document how I've used visualization and journals. From 1998 to 2007, a friend and I got together at the beginning of every year to set our goals for the year. We'd assess how we did the year before and set new goals for the new year. We documented them in creative ways, either in a journal or on a poster board or construction paper with markers and stickers. I enjoyed the process.

I don't think visualization is magic (although I don't deny the possibility of magic), but I think it helps us as a reminder of what we want to accomplish, so we take steps to meet our goals. Often we take proactive steps, but sometimes we move in the right direction subconsciously. I have accomplished many of the things that I documented in those journals and on those vision boards. There's still lots more to do, so I'm excited for the adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home